Watch this page for important alerts!
LATEST UPDATES – Bridge Project on T-428 at Corbins Bridge
September 18, 2023 Update
Received word this morning that Huntingdon County has decided to delay this project until the Spring of 2024. Juniata Township will be notified approximately 2 weeks before any work will commence and will update our website at that time. Watch this site for updates on this project in 2024.
August 11, 2023
Sometime later this month contractors for Huntingdon County will initiate a Bridge Project on T-428 at Corbins Bridge. The improvement project will be completed by October 31, 2023.
During that period the bridge will be closed from 8:00am until 4:00pm on 3 consecutive days. The exact dates of the proposed closure will be identified in the near future.
The project improvements will include.
- Full depth pavement replacement (approx. 200 feet on campground side of the bridge)
- Mill and overlay on intersection side of the bridge.
- Placing Rock Rip-Rap along embankment where washout occurred.
- Replace guide rail.
- Clean ditch and reset / lower dive pipe.
- Work will be completed with temporary flagging and a 3 day detour.